Progress is being made powering up mid-Michigan from the ice storm of 2013. Consumers Energy reminds customers of the dangers during severe weather like this. Downed power lines carry high voltage. Just as dangerous is heating a home with a generator inside a house. Lansing police tell us this morning of two people fighting for their lives after being taken to the hospital this morning suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning after running a generator in the basement of their home on Ionia Street in north Lansing.